Creative New Construction Tips for the Kitchen
Interested Triangle area home buyers entering the local housing market for the first time are often amazed by the array of new home builders from which they can choose, including:
If you’re thinking about taking the time to build a new home in the greater Raleigh, Durham, Wake Forest or Youngsville real estate market, I recommend you take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the latest trends in Triangle new home construction.
Let’s take for instance the kitchen, one of the most used rooms in any household.
There are several custom features you can add to your Triangle home’s kitchen that will make your life more convenient. Here are some tips and ideas to consider in your kitchen of your newly built home:
- Outlets in the kitchen pantry for charging phones & other electronic devices
- Recess the refrigerator
- With wide islands, include cabinets or storage on the both sides
- Built in paper towel holder (under sink or under cabinet)
- Custom storage organization in kitchen drawers – roll-outs
- Warming drawer in butler’s pantry, dining room or in a location that is convenient for entertaining
- Pantry entrance near both kitchen and garage
- Custom shelves that are made for a variety of storage items; cans, boxes, dishes, appliances and paper goods
- Plugs above cabinets for Christmas lighting or future lighting needs
- Set up for both gas and electric appliances
- Pantry door on swivel
- Pantry light on motion sensor
- Copper tubing for your ice maker
- Drawer microwave that is accessible (not too low)
- Knife drawer with cutting board
- Pull-out/Roll-outs for trash with double barrels that can be used for recycle materials
- Full Extension drawers for all lower cabinets (more efficient use of space)
- Soap dispenser at sink (one for hand soap, one for dish soap)
- Hot water dispenser at sink for tea
- Built-in divided storage in draws for utensils
- Vertical tray storage cabinet for cookie sheets and flat items (space saver!)
- Built-in TV/Sterio
- Pot filler at stove
- Coffee bar with built-in system (espresso and more!)
- Corner storage (lazy susan) or on-counter garage for larger appliances
- Double wall ovens
Your Triangle New Home Expert!
We’ll be happy to help you at every stage of the Triangle home building process! We can work with you to determine your prime location, targeted price point, desired community amenities, and provide you with a builder that can build Your Dream Home!