What To bring
- proteins | canned tuna, beans, soups or stews, pasta with meat, chicken, and the like
- milk | shelf-stable milk boxes
- vegetables | individual serving of canned vegetables
- breakfast items | oatmeal or grits
- snacks | cereal or granola bars, raisins, peanut butter, crackers, etc.
- noodle dishes | ramen, easy mac, etc.
- juice | individual servings of 100% fruit juice
- fruit | individual serving of canned vegetables
BackPack Buddies is designed to provide children experiencing food insecurity with nutritious, kid-friendly, pre-packed meals for the weekend—when they would not have access to a school’s free lunch and breakfast.