April 1, 2020
We continue to adapt to the changes necessary to keep our clients, employees and agents safe during this extraordinary time.
We prioritize keeping our buyers and sellers safe while encouraging them to follow-through and consider real estate investments. We are focused on staying safe, healthy and productive while doing the work to support our industry. We find strength in knowing every obstacle we overcome and every successful transaction we manage supports the industries that depend on a healthy real estate market to thrive. And we aren’t alone.
Connectivity has never been more meaningful to us all. This is a time when friendly competition evolves into a collective focus on community – our professional community, the local communities we serve and the industries we support. We are thankful we can continue our charge as Realtors and we are inspired by our peers that continue to persevere alongside us.
Please take a moment to view a message above from Kelly, our Client Service Manager, as she explains how we are operating during this time. Things are different now but some things haven’t changed.
March 27, 2020
On Thursday, March 26 the Chairman of the Wake County Board of Commissioners, Greg Ford, signed a Proclamation of Emergency Restrictions that puts a stay-at-home in effect on Friday, March 27 at 5 pm. While real estate services such as realtors, appraisers, notary services, title insurers, inspectors are identified as essential activities and are permitted to remain open. The Jim Allen Group consists of a team of realtors and appraisers plus their support staff. We continue to monitor the situation very closely and have made the following adjustments for the safety of our team and clients:
- We will suspend all open houses until further notice
- We will continue our regular on-call schedule seven days per week. This allows for inquiries via phone and email to be answered promptly as usual. In addition, the agent on call (or any JAG agent as needed) will be available to show listings as needed. The on-call shifts are as such: 9-12 am | 12-3 pm | 3-6 pm | 6 pm – 9 pm
- Our team is prepared to show any property for sale by video conference or, if necessary, in-person. We will make every effort to disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, like doorknobs, as part of our lock-up procedures following an in-person showing.
- We have identified our exterior brochure boxes as a potential health risk due to repeated surface contact. As a result, we are replacing the take-one literature with permanent instructions for consumers to call (919-845-9909) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a showing. The phone and email shown are monitored by our on-call team discussed above.
We continue to encourage anyone planning to buy or sell real estate to continue their course as the market is still very strong and is benefiting from favorable interest rates. The municipalities we serve have all made provisions to continue supporting the construction and transaction side of housing, making it possible to continue serving the Triangle area.
As always, we wish you and your loved ones good health,
The Jim Allen Group
919-845-9909 | email@example.com
March 25, 2020
On Tuesday, March 24 Governor Roy Cooper issued an Executive Order where he states, “to the extent that local government functions are required under state and federal law, I hereby direct the appropriate local government agencies and officials to continue to exercise their responsibilities, including but not limited to local county Department of Social Services (“DDS”) offices, Health Departments, Register of Deeds, and other local government functions that are required to protect lives and property.”
The housing industry depends on permitting, inspections, tax administration and document recording on a daily basis. In order to streamline information necessary for our team, partners and clients to stay informed, we’ve created an interactive quick-links map. Simply launch the map and hover over the counties presented to view relevant COVID-19 updates within that local government’s designated COVID-19 information webpage and associated Facebook page.
All indications are that the Triangle area is still benefiting from a stellar real estate market and very favorable interest rates. We continue to adapt to local restrictions and safety guidelines so we may continue providing expert real estate services in the Triangle area. As always, the Jim Allen Group will remain available 24 hours a day, seven days a week via phone, email, text and video conference. Reach out now to begin the conversation. We’re standing by.
We wish you and your loved ones good health,
Jim Allen Group
919-845-9909 | info@JimAllen.com
March 17, 2020
The Jim Allen Group considers the health of our clients, agents and employees our top priority. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and wanted to provide you with an update on how we are working to keep our office at 5000 Falls of Neuse Road and open house locations safe. At this point, we have not altered our regular business and open house hours. Whether you are working with Jim Allen Group to buy or sell a home, we encourage our clients to continue their course with the following fundamental precautions in place:
- Wash your hands – and other hygienic surfaces frequently.
- Keep your distance.
- Use videoconferencing as much as possible. Your Jim Allen Group contact will be able to arrange for a conference using Facetime, Skype, Facebook messenger, and the like.
- Staggered meetings – if you have a meeting scheduled where you must meet in-person, like a real estate closing transaction, please review the meeting site’s official policy and make every effort to schedule a staggered meeting to reduce the number of individuals present in the room, therefore, reducing risk.
- Take precautions in public spaces – keep your distance, no shaking hands, minimize touching surfaces, wash your hands often and others as prescribed by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Purchase and wear disposable gloves to reduce direct contact to surfaces, especially in public spaces.
- Stay at home if you’re not feeling well!
Read this brief message from Coldwell Banker Howard Perry and Walston CEO, David Jones about the special precautions we will take to protect our clients, agents and staff during this time.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. As always, we are available by phone seven days a week at 919-845-9909.
We wish you and your loved ones good health,
Jim Allen Group
COVID-19 UPDATES BY COUNTY