Garner, NC | Houses for sale in Garner | Real Estate
Garner is a growing community of 26,000 residents. Located at the intersection of U.S. 70 and I-40, Garner is approximately 8 miles south of downtown Raleigh, North Carolina’s capital city. Garner residents know that they are closer to downtown Raleigh than actual Raleigh residents who live on the outskirts of the city, but not so close as to intrude on the small-town atmosphere that makes Garner special. This diverse community has many amenities to offer residents. With over 350 acres of parkland, a thriving business economy, safe and beautiful neighborhoods, quality schools, great community events, and a plethora of shopping and local entertainment venues, Garner has something for everyone.
Recreational Amenities in and around Garner
Garner boasts plenty of public parks in the immediate area, such as:
- Lake Benson Park
- White Deer Park
- South Garner Park
- Garner Country Club
- Meadowbrook Country Club
- Carolina Biblical Gardens
- Garner Veterans Memorial
Driving times to:
- Research Triangle Park 32 Minutes
- Raleigh Durham Airport 27 Minutes
- the NC coast (Wilmington, NC) 1 hour, 55 Minutes
- the NC mountains (Boone, NC) 3 Hours, 24 Minutes
And of course, Garner residents have access to all the amenities that the rest of Wake County has to offer, such as PNC arena, Jordan Lake and more!
Getting around to these amenities is easy when one considers the great transportation system Wake County has, which includes extensive bus lines through Triangle Transit Authority and numerous highways, such as I-40.
How’s the market in Garner?
Watch the Monthly Market Update
All real estate is local, which is why we offer you current and historical data from our local MLS to produce detailed, highly visual and easy to interpret videos that demonstrate monthly market trends.
Homes for sale in Garner
New Home Communities in Garner
Wake County Public Schools | WCPSS
Transforming young minds into future leaders | Wake County Schools | WCPSS | One of NC’s largest and highest rated school systems
Education in Garner | WCPSS
Residents of the Town of Garner are part of the Wake County Public School System. This system, now in its 26th year, is devoted to maintaining academic excellence for every child, offering parental choice through our magnet programs and keeping and retaining quality teachers.
The school system serves more than 110,000 students from kindergarten through 12th grade in 83 elementary schools, 28 middle schools, 17 high schools, and six special/alternative schools. The system has a strong network of magnet schools that offers options for students and families, maximizes building capacity, and promotes racial diversity in all schools. The magnet program consists of 50 schools, offering a wide variety of programs including year-round, gifted and talented, international baccalaureate, Montessori, creative arts and science, global communication, accelerated studies and other models. Education & Area Schools:
Garner Elementary Schools (Grades K-5):
- Aversboro Elementary (Traditional Calendar)
- Creech Road Elementary (Traditional Calendar)
- East Garner Elementary (Year-Round Calendar)
- Rand Road Elementary (Multi-track,Year-Round Calendar)
- Smith Elementary (Traditional Calendar)
- Timber Drive Elementary (Year-Round Calendar)
- Vance Elementary (Multi-track, Year-Round Calendar)
- Vandora Springs Elementary (Traditional Calendar)
Garner Middle Schools (Grades 6-8):
- East Garner Magnet (IB Magnet School, Traditional Calendar)
- North Garner Middle (Year-Round Calendar)
Garner High Schools (Grades 9-12):
- Garner High Magnet (IB Magnet School, Traditional Calendar)
To determine where you need to go to register your child, or to ask questions about the required documentation, call 919-850-1921. You may also visit the Wake County Public School’s website at www.wcpss.net/newcomer.
Triangle Colleges and Universities
As with the rest of Wake County, Garner residents enjoy close proximity to some of the best public and private colleges and universities in the country.
These institutions include:
- North Carolina State University
- Shaw University
- Meredith College
- East Carolina University
- UNC Chapel Hill
- Duke University
- Campbell University
- Peace College
What Are You Waiting For? Move to Garner Today!
We would love the opportunity to assist you by answering any questions you may have and offering you some valuable home buying resources. We’ll also tell you about available listings on this market.
Here to Help With Your Home Selling Needs Too!
And don’t forget to also contact us if you’re ready to list the Garner home you already own. We would be glad to help by offering you valuable home selling insight as well as listing resources.
- Apex, NC | Homes for sale in Apex |
- Cary, NC | Homes for sale in Cary NC|
- Chapel Hill, NC | Houses for sale in Chapel Hill |
- Clayton, NC | Homes for sale in Clayton |
- Creedmoor, NC | Houses for sale in Creedmoor |
- Durham, NC | RTP | Homes for sale in Durham RTP area |
- Franklinton, NC | Homes for sale in Franklinton NC |
- Franklin County | Houses for Sale in Franklin County |
- Fuquay-Varina, NC | Homes for sale in Fuquay-Varina |
- Garner, NC | Houses for sale in Garner |
- Granville County | Houses for sale in Granville County
- Hillsborough Houses for sale in Hillsborough
- Holly Springs | Homes for sale in Holly Springs NC
- Knightdale | Homes for sale in Knightdale, NC
- Louisburg Homes for sale in Louisburg, NC
- Mebane | Homes for sale in Mebane NC
- Pittsboro Houses for sale in Pittsboro, NC
- Raleigh | Homes for sale in Raleigh, NC
- Rolesville | Homes for sale in Rolesville NC
- Wake Forest | Homes for sale in Wake Forest NC
- Wendell |Houses for sale in Wendell NC
- Youngsville | Homes for sale in Youngsville NC
- Zebulon | Homes for sale in Zebulon, NC