Garner Real Estate
Garner is a growing community of 26,000 residents. Located at the intersection of U.S. 70 and I-40, Garner is approximately 8 miles south of downtown Raleigh, North Carolina’s capital city. Garner residents know that they are closer to downtown Raleigh than actual Raleigh residents who live on the outskirts of the city, but not so close as to intrude on the small-town atmosphere that makes Garner special. This diverse community has many amenities to offer residents. With over 350 acres of parkland, a thriving business economy, safe and beautiful neighborhoods, quality schools, great community events, and a plethora of shopping and local entertainment venues, Garner has something for everyone.
Education in Garner, NC
Residents of the Town of Garner are part of the Wake County Public School System. This system, now in its 26th year, is devoted to maintaining academic excellence for every child, offering parental choice through our magnet programs and keeping and retaining quality teachers.
The school system serves more than 110,000 students from kindergarten through 12th grade in 83 elementary schools, 28 middle schools, 17 high schools, and six special/alternative schools. The system has a strong network of magnet schools that offers options for students and families, maximizes building capacity, and promotes racial diversity in all schools. The magnet program consists of 50 schools, offering a wide variety of programs including year-round, gifted and talented, international baccalaureate, Montessori, creative arts and science, global communication, accelerated studies and other models. Education & Area Schools:
Elementary Schools (Grades K-5):
- Aversboro Elementary (Traditional Calendar)
- Creech Road Elementary (Traditional Calendar)
- East Garner Elementary (Year-Round Calendar)
- Rand Road Elementary (Multi-track,Year-Round Calendar)
- Smith Elementary (Traditional Calendar)
- Timber Drive Elementary (Year-Round Calendar)
- Vance Elementary (Multi-track, Year-Round Calendar)
- Vandora Springs Elementary (Traditional Calendar)
Middle Schools (Grades 6-8):
- East Garner Magnet (IB Magnet School, Traditional Calendar)
- North Garner Middle (Year-Round Calendar)
High Schools (Grades 9-12):
- Garner High Magnet (IB Magnet School, Traditional Calendar)
To determine where you need to go to register your child, or to ask questions about the required documentation, call 919-850-1921. You may also visit the Wake County Public School’s website at www.wcpss.net/newcomer.
As with the rest of Wake County, Garner residents enjoy close proximity to some of the best public and private colleges and universities in the country.
These institutions include:
- North Carolina State University
- Shaw University
- Meredith College
- East Carolina University
- UNC Chapel Hill
- Duke University
- Campbell University
- Peace College
Recreational Amenities in and around Garner
Garner boasts plenty of public parks in the immediate area, such as:
- Lake Benson Park
- White Deer Park
- South Garner Park
- Garner Country Club
- Meadowbrook Country Club
- Carolina Biblical Gardens
- Garner Veterans Memorial
Driving times to:
- Research Triangle Park 32 Minutes
- Raleigh Durham Airport 27 Minutes
- the NC coast (Wilmington, NC) 1 hour, 55 Minutes
- the NC mountains (Boone, NC) 3 Hours, 24 Minutes
And of course, Garner residents have access to all the amenities that the rest of Wake County has to offer, such as PNC arena, Jordan Lake and more!
Getting around to these amenities is easy when one considers the great transportation system Wake County has, which includes extensive bus lines through Triangle Transit Authority and numerous highways, such as I-40.