Hillsborough Houses for sale in Hillsborough Real Estate
Living in Hillsborough, NC
Hillsborough is a rural community located in Orange County, North Carolina and has a population of roughly 6,087. The community boasts several recreational attractions within its 4.6 square miles. For instance, its downtown historic district is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is comprised of more than 100 historic homes and churches from the 18th and 19th centuries.
Some of these popular attraction in and around the downtown include:
- The visitors center, which was Gen. Joseph E. Johnston’s headquarters during the Civil War
- Historic school buildings
- Occoneechee Mountain State Natural Area
It was one of the first two NASCAR tracks to open and is the only track still in existence from the 1949 season. In addition, Hillsborough is a popular gathering place for artists and writers. And every May, the town hosts the annual Hog Day, which is a favorite among barbecue lovers. There are even regular Revolutionary War reenactments and guided tours in the historic district.
The town is also closely situated to Occoneechee Speedway, which is just outside of town and is conveniently located to both the Triad and Triangle cities as well as I-40 and I-85, which runs right through town.
How’s the market in Hillsborough?
Watch the Monthly Market Update
All real estate is local, which is why we offer you current and historical data from our local MLS to produce detailed, highly visual and easy to interpret videos that demonstrate monthly market trends.
Homes for sale in Hillsborough
Take a look at available Hillsborough real estate below to see which home best fits your needs. Schedule your tour today – Contact us
One of the great advantages of buying a new Hillsborough home is the education available. Excellent schools are here as well as charter schools, private schools, and other choices. You can feel good knowing that schools in Hillsborough are considered exceptional places to learn.
Relocate to Hillsborough, NC
I’ll let you know about available listings on the Hillsborough real estate market as well as answer any questions you may have.
Here to Help With Your Home Selling Needs Too!
And don’t forget to also contact us if you’re ready to list the Hillsborough home you already own. We would be glad to help by offering you valuable home selling insight as well as listing resources.
History of Hillsborough
Despite its size, Hillborough is full of history. The town was first established in 1754, roughly two years after Orange County was established. Hillsborough was settled where the Great Indian Trading Path crossed the Eno River. It was William Churton who first settled the area that would become Hillsborough. At the time it was known as Orange. Hillsborough was eventually named as such after the Irish peer, William Hill, Earl of Hillsborough and Secretary of State for the Colonies from 1768 to 1772.
For years during the colonial and Revolutionary period, Hillsborough was a hotbed of political activity, with several royal and elected governors living there as well as Revolutionary War rebels. The town continued to remain quite politically relevant during the Civil War as well.
- Apex, NC | Homes for sale in Apex |
- Cary, NC | Homes for sale in Cary NC|
- Chapel Hill, NC | Houses for sale in Chapel Hill |
- Clayton, NC | Homes for sale in Clayton |
- Creedmoor, NC | Houses for sale in Creedmoor |
- Durham, NC | RTP | Homes for sale in Durham RTP area |
- Franklinton, NC | Homes for sale in Franklinton NC |
- Franklin County | Houses for Sale in Franklin County |
- Fuquay-Varina, NC | Homes for sale in Fuquay-Varina |
- Garner, NC | Houses for sale in Garner |
- Granville County | Houses for sale in Granville County
- Hillsborough Houses for sale in Hillsborough
- Holly Springs | Homes for sale in Holly Springs NC
- Knightdale | Homes for sale in Knightdale, NC
- Louisburg Homes for sale in Louisburg, NC
- Mebane | Homes for sale in Mebane NC
- Pittsboro Houses for sale in Pittsboro, NC
- Raleigh | Homes for sale in Raleigh, NC
- Rolesville | Homes for sale in Rolesville NC
- Wake Forest | Homes for sale in Wake Forest NC
- Wendell |Houses for sale in Wendell NC
- Youngsville | Homes for sale in Youngsville NC
- Zebulon | Homes for sale in Zebulon, NC