Wendell Houses for sale in Wendell, NC Real Estate
Homes for Sale in Wendell, NC
Wendell, NC is an up-and-coming satellite town of Raleigh, located in Wake County. This community had a population of 5,845 at the 2010 Census. Although Wendell was not officially incorporated until 1903, the community was actually settled around the 1850s after farmers in Granville County migrated to the area after a bad planting season known as the Granville County Wilt.
Over time, a small village grew and residents asked local school teacher M.A. Griffin to help choose a name for the community. The school teacher suggested the name Wendell in honor of one of his favorite poets, Oliver Wendell Holmes. The name stuck. By 1891, the community had its own post office, which has since been restored by the Wendell Historical Society. Other historic markers in the community still in existence today in Wendell include:
- Hephzibah Baptist Church, founded in 1809.
- Wendell Clarion, the community’s first newspaper, which was founded in 1911.
In addition, the community has four buildings and an entire district listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Those are:
- Dr. Thomas H. Avera House
- Harmony Plantation
- Riley Hill School
- The Wendell Commercial Historic District
Wendell, NC Public Education
The Wake County community of Wendell is served by the Wake County Public School district.
Specifically, residents living in Wendell attend:
- Lake Myra Elementary
- Carver Elementary School
- Wendell Elementary School
- Archer Lodge Middle School
- Wendell Middle School
- East Wake High School.
What’s more, the town is also home to the Southeastern Free Will Baptist College, a post-secondary institution.
Recreational Amenities in Wendell
The town of Wendell offers residents access to three recreational parks and facilities:
- Wendell Park
- Wendell Community Center
- J. Ashley Wall Town Center
What’s more, the town hosts a number of annual events, including the Harvest Festival in October and the International Food Festival in September.
And thanks to its location within Wake County, Wendell is synced up to an extensive system of public transportation options, which includes:
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- Interstate I-40 and U.S. 64
- Amtrak stations in Raleigh and Selma
- Triangle Transit Authority bus system
Purchase a Wendell, NC Home for Sale Today
- Apex Homes for sale Apex, NC
- Cary Homes for sale in Cary, NC
- Chapel Hill Houses for sale in Chapel Hill, NC
- Clayton Houses for sale Clayton, NC
- Creedmoor Houses for sale in Creedoor, NC
- Durham Homes for sale in Durham, NC & RTP
- Franklinton, NC Homes for sale in Franklinton, NC
- Franklin County Houses for Sale in Franklin County
- Fuquay-Varina Homes for sale in Fuquay Varina
- Garner Houses for sale in Garner, NC
- Granville County | Houses for sale in Granville County
- Hillsborough Houses for sale in Hillsborough
- Holly Springs | Homes for sale in Holly Springs, NC
- Knightdale | Homes for sale in Knightdale, NC
- Louisburg Homes for sale in Louisburg, NC
- Mebane | Homes for sale in Mebane, NC
- Pittsboro Houses for sale in Pittsboro, NC
- Raleigh | Homes for sale in Raleigh, NC
- Rolesville | Homes for sale in Rolesville, NC
- Wake Forest | Homes for sale in Wake Forest, NC
- Wendell Houses for sale in Wendell, NC
- Youngsville | Homes for sale in Youngsville, NC
- Zebulon | Homes for sale in Zebulon, NC